Screenshot_20230902_191413.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230902_191356_com.taobao.taobao_edit_749022050986747.jpg
    Screenshot_20230902_191356_com.taobao.taobao_edit_749022050986747.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230902_191337_com.taobao.taobao_edit_749048148769035.jpg
    Screenshot_20230902_191337_com.taobao.taobao_edit_749048148769035.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
Honnestly I search for something like this, but I was not able to get a nice research words! I was getting small banana plug!
Thanks!

Electric turbo 2.0
Finally some progress! MGM was right and my controller did in fact work perfectly. What was my problem? No trying in the car HAHAHA MGM suggested me to put between 15* and 25* of timing. I try to run in like castle suggest of 0* timing. I always thought that the amps will go up if I increase the timing. But surprise surprise, it work great! 55k RPM at 400watts! Right now, I really need to upgrade my battery. Again. What do you guys think? Right now I am at 12s1p. Should I 12s2p? 12s3p? Over volt? I will get up in rpm IMG_3235.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm very glad to hear it. Going to 12s2p should, in theory, cut your voltage drop in half. 12s3p should cut the voltage drop by 2/3rds. Of course, I'm not taking into account any losses in the connectors and cables - have you measured the voltage drop across the cables while running? You can literally put a voltage meter across a cable, with one side connected to the battery and the other connected to the ESC, and it'll tell you your voltage drop.

No I did not try that! Honnestly there’s something with the battery. In my head 20ah at 20c should not get discharged et charged that fast. What do you think?
Tomorrow a friend want me to test with li-po to compare. I may end up with a lipo set-up but we discuss a lot about the danger. I will need to get all the security done right

I'm finding C ratings to be kind of nonsense - there's actually no standard for measuring C rating in terms of voltage drop. I've thought about establishing some sort of standard for that in a video, but I can't do the video down here in Texas (my load tester is still up north). Lipos may perform better, but it's really the same sort of gamble - you just don't know until you try it.

I run it for 8sec and the battery get to the cutoff and I have room on the ESC to push it more! The « friend » I talk is more a « guy » but he is in the RC world. He said that I should get a lot more and even way more than enough with a normal 8000mah 100c 8s. The good thing about it it’s way more accessible and cheaper. I don’t have a lot of space so I need to chose carefully my battery. I never thought that I would go on this route again of battery 😂

OMG I tryed some Lipo and it work like crazy! The datalog look wayyyy more healthy! 55’000 rpm, in the car, with less than 6’000 watts. 74% efficiency. I WANT MOOORE I will definitely try a little more voltage, other than that, any idea to get a little more rpm?

currently tunning the car!
6psi on the gauge boost but I think I have 7psi because de gauge is at -1 when the car’s not running. Almost 7.5kw on the motor, 60k RPM
Next thing is to change the battery connector. At the moment I have the stock ones and cable and connector heat a lot and have a massive voltage drop (29-30v on a 10s lipo) Imagine when I will fixe this 👀
Super impressive
Qs10 connector is in the mail! Waiting this and the sep up will be done ! After more than 2 years hahaha

IMG_3322.jpeg

New videos's out! Have a look
wow so everyone is just tossing the center cartridge and attaching the motor directly to the turbo!! I have a turbo laying around I can do exactly this too!! thank you for sharing this. Do you have more details on the mods that are required to mount this? You just sparked the bits i neeed to move forward.

Do you have more details on the mods that are required to mount this?
Just need a back plate to mount the motor with screws and a custom shaft to adapt the impeller to the motor!

I don’t know if it’s what you ask?

But first, you should see if your turbo with the possible RPM is big enough for your needs! Keep in mind that 80k rpm may be the fastest we can spin those motors! I am currently spinning mine at 60k rpm and I have some volts in the tank so maybe 70-75k rpm. Smaller turbo could be easier to spin but not that much more!

I'm glad things are back on track WB. Time for you to make another video - do a comparison before/after your wiring mods. I'd like to see the difference.

I'm glad things are back on track WB.
Things were back on track but not for long 😭 I was almost done with the tuning! First pull on all RPM 2k to 6.5k! It was mooooving ! All were perfect! Even on the mgm log! But the ESC stop working exactly like last year 🤬

"Battery is fully charged" - lol. I think charging the lipos to 3.9 volts is a good idea for a few reasons (battery life, less drop). Sorry about the MGM troubles. Yeah, the Hobbywing won't work with the arduino program the way it was setup - but you figured it out. The Max 4 is probably your friend. It's amazing how difficult something that should be easy (in theory) is to get working, isn't it? But at least your car is now tuned for boost. Once you get the Max 4 in there, I think most of your troubles will be behind you. I'm really impressed that you're able to make 6-7 psi so easily. I'm pulling for you!

the 3rd gear pull from 2k to 6k rpm took 3sec less from stock! It is in fact super impressive! I am pretty sur I could get couple more PSI! The voltage drop still pretty big but if I get ≈2k impeller rpm / volt, I am pretty sure with fully charge parallel battery, I could get clost to 10 psi!

My brother makes a code with the arduino and It work one time but making weird noises after so we don’t know what happen.. anyway I really don’t know what could be the best solution. I would like something like the arduino but need to figure this out!
If you have any ideas let me know!
I’m still messaging MGM about all of this and try to find what’s goes wrong.
Btw I really want to go with the max4 but there’s some cheap e-bike controller that might work. But again, I can go with what work or go with something that can give me headache 🥴 both are fun 😂