GOOD NEWS FOR THE WB E-TURBO

Thx. I'm curious how the voltage drop is on those. I've been thinking about switching back to Lipos, but I can't find any that can provide 700 amps continuous that would be at least comparable to the Lishen LTO cells; at least not that would be any lighter, or require a ton of cells in parallel.

I saw a video on YouTube about a guy trying this A123 pouch cell 10years ago. He push it really hard and they are impressive! I will try to find the link and post it here

I also found this:

I did some math (for my application, anyway) - looks like about a 2.8 volt drop at 400 amps across 4 cells - I would need 16 cells, which would give me 11.2 volts drop at 400 amps - I need 1.75x as much current, so if the relationship is linear, that would net me a 19.6 volt drop; to match my drop with 1 set of LTOs, I'd need to run 2p16s; and to cut it in half, I'd need 4p16s. On the bright side that would also give 80ah capacity - which is crazy. It would also weigh a bit more than the 1s26p LTOs that I'm running now - I'm at around 60 lbs; 4s16 would weigh about 80lbs (well, 73 lbs in cells, and whatever the case, bus bars and balancer would weigh); on the flip side, to match my current performance, it'd weigh about 15lbs less - 36.6 lbs for the cells, bus bars and case, etc. The amp-hour capacity on the 4p16s would be more than double what I have now.

In a nutshell, I think you made a good choice, and since you have machining chops you should have no issues making a case and bus bar system. I'd suggest you do the bus bars in aluminum - cheaper, lighter and no galvanic corrosion issues with those cell's tabs (my bus bars are aluminum for the same reason - I also use noalox on the terminals). You can certainly over build the bus bars - I did - I used 1/8" thick by 1" wide aluminum bar stock. For your application, drawing less current but having similar amp hour capacity, you should be able to enjoy boost on the street for a good long time before needing to recharge. But for me, I'm not seeing enough advantage to switch over - esp. since I have enough cells to make a 2p26s pack; and on the bright side, I paid $1,250 for 60 cells. Lol - this stuff ain't cheap.

FWIW, I think somewhere I saw plastic carriers for those things. Or you could always 3d print plastic carriers from ABS or nylon (if you have access to a 3d printer - if not, good excuse to buy one! :p )

"This weekend..." lol. I wish I could make stuff that fast. My car's been torn apart since last week. Hopefully I'll be able to button it up today. I've re-wired the dash so many times I'm now switching over to Wago lever connectors for non-vital stuff like gauges just so I don't have to keep soldering and desoldering in the car.

HAHAHA I hate wirering 🤣 I put connector last summer to be easier for me to reinstall all the kit but I was too lasy to label it AND to protect them for the winter. Since my wire is on the floor of the passenger, some winter salty moisture was in contact with the connectors 😅 sooo I need to see what goes where

I actually use a label maker to label wires that I can't easily decipher just for that reason. Just set the font size to small, and wrap the labels around the wires like little flags. Saved me tons of time over the years.