Custom forged wheels

That's perfect, i need a good affordable machinist 😉

Just watched all your video's, you're epic 🤣, and i subscribed! 😀

Funny since i'm looking to do this on my Fiesta ST150, basically the same engine except yours is DI.

What power does yours have stock?

Mine will be running 200+ this summer, after that it's boost time 🤩
I really don't know 😂 its 180 N/A tuned I think hahah still don't know how much im gonna get from the Eturbo

Thanks for the video. Do the 3 points you take around the circumference of the cylinder matter? In other words, do they need to be exactly equidistant around the perimeter, or is being close good enough? BTW - the thumbnail is deceptive. When you put your hand on the table (1-2-3 block) only then did I get a sense of the sizze of that chuck and the chunk of plastic (teflon?) Both are huge.

The 3 point doesnt matter.. you have a tool where you can make a circle with 3edge point or 3 "polar point". You can use 4 instead like your normaly do with your manual mill (take 2 point in X, divide by 2 and go to the middleand do the same thing in Y).
Yeah its 1000$ of teflon! I think is Teflon hahaha
Is it macking more sens with all of this?

Its usefull to use coodinate points when you need to machine an odd shape part. when you cant find the middle of your part for example or when you cant allign the part straight when you have no straight edge. You get what ever the reference points you can, like 2 holes. You find where exactly is your 2 holes, then, orient your drawing with the reference point you get on the part

Thanks. That does make a lot more sense. Honestly it also seems like a lot of work for someone like me who doesn't actually plan anything in advance. Especially on an odd shaped part or something that's cast or already has a shape to it rather than just a block of material. And I did buy a 2-in diameter rod of Teflon myself, it's like 6 in long and cost a small fortune. Nothing even close to the size of that thing that you're working with.

I've just receive my blanks! Verry funny because I still wait for my batterys 🤣 its been over 70 days I wait and they've arrive to toronto yesterday hahaha
Screenshot_20220505-173633.jpgScreenshot_20220505-173627.jpg

The wheel come back from the analysis and they are verry strong! They are little heavy for a forged wheel but they still in the range (19 to 30 pounds each) im at 25 pounds
stress 1.pngsafety.pngdeform.png

That is seriously badass. Did they actually come out at 25 lbs? Is the strength analysis something you have to pay for, of can you make tweaks to optimize the strongest/lightest combination?

That is seriously badass. Did they actually come out at 25 lbs? Is the strength analysis something you have to pay for, of can you make tweaks to optimize the strongest/lightest combination?
I will weight it this week end to see! For the analysis, I paid a guy on fiver to do it! Yes I can optimize If I want. But over all I think its pretty good

I don't have a point of reference for the time; I was just curious. What did the blank weigh? (I'm wondering how much material was removed)

I think that's really awesome that you can do that.