Could you use torque amp system with a home made E-turbo

turbosmart44

Is it possible to use the battery/ Charging portion, and control part that the torque amp box has to power a T power or MGM brushless engine @ 48 volts on a Vortech compressor or something more suitable to make more power than the small type E turbos?

Last edited:
Only if the electric motor of your choice does not overwhelm the ESC built into the the controllerbox!

TorqueAmp are using a setup which turns more rpm but probably less load on the eMotor. (smaller motor, turbocharger with unknown map, barely enough CFM for a 3.0 engine)

I would NOT go that way before having info on their ESC and the software control/firmware ...

I can't see why you couldn't remove the motor and attach it to something else

But at the same time it might not help you.. if you want more "Power" you'll need err more "Power" than the torque amp system can probably provide.

What is the/ boost psi and CFM rating on a torque amp system? What type of power would it make for a high reving 1900cc 4 cylinder b series Honda motor ? and will it be making any boost at 9250redline? Or would it make some power down low to mid rpms and start choke out on top end ? I’ve only seen what the torque amp did on cleetus’s video and that engine is not a high output/ cfm engine .my engine naturally aspirated makes 205whp@9000 rpm it’s a built B18C5 slightly bored.My camshafts are skunk 2 tuner stage 2 there power band is from 5500-9000 rpm.My Compression is some where between 11:5.1-12.1 since my piston are 11:5.1 and my valves are skunk 2 hi CR flat top instead of deep pocket valves in turn raising compression by .5 . Heads are ported and polished light porting on intake manifold and gasket matched . I currently have a progressive 60 shot with a Holley/NOS Direct port pro fogger .On the bottle I’ve made between 245-285whp just depends on my nitrous jetting! for safety I like to run the 60 shot . Still the 60 shot really wakes up these engine’s with a average 1/4 mile of 12.60@114 mph and average 60ft of 2.0 on 200 tread ware tire compared to a mid to high 13s off the bottle. I’m just tired of filling the bottle and it’s so expensive for nitrous right now in Northern California at least!!! or else I probably wouldn’t want to change over to none chemical boost! Pic below 👇 of my fogger setup
CD631872-2650-4F82-9299-553E7B95C419.jpeg6542B5F8-669B-406D-85F7-6F48622E74AE.jpeg6FFBC4A3-73F9-4062-913E-A4265B3CA432.jpeg

Instead of trying to tweek the torqamp, I would try to build something. I really don't know how much you can do it but there's some good reference here. One huge set up of Alex and one smaller set-up (maybe powerfull then torqamp) on my side.

There are charts somewhere (youtube, torqamp website) which show for certain engines the boost over rpm.

One more vote for DIY!

(your engine reaches those power levels over RPM ... pretty sure the boost charts shown do not look particularly good above 5000 rpm!)

There are charts somewhere (youtube, torqamp website) which show for certain engines the boost over rpm.

One more vote for DIY!

(your engine reaches those power levels over RPM ... pretty sure the boost charts shown do not look particularly good above 5000 rpm!)
Yes you are right. Torqamp drop fast in hight RPM. For example, mine have low boost but the boost stay pretty much the same through all RPM