Build: Subaru H6 3.0

Hey Guys been a long time follower of the youtube channel but decided that I wanted to dive in.

Goal
  • Build an electric driven turbo to achieve 5psi with proper throttle driven boost not just on or off for max power
Current inventory
  • 48v Lifepo4 battery pack - this may need bigger bus bars for the amperage requirements
  • Gt28 turbocharger - ebay special and left over from the original plans:)
Items to consider (looking for help)

Motor - castle 1721 https://www.castlecreations.com/en/castle-1721-sensored-motor-2400kv-limited-warranty-060-0091-00
QMY2ePz.png

Turbo - GT28 - ebay special :D
fNEWoFF.png

Now time to rip this gt28 apart and figure out how everyone is making their adapter plates :)

Last edited:
Mine is base on a gt35! I have a 2.0l motor and achieving at this moment 6-7 psi, maybe more to come. I have the same motor the 1721 2400kv. You may be good with your 48v lifepo4, just need so check the discharge rate and how much voltage drop you will get. I try LTO and LIFEPO4 but I finally go with lipo because it is hard to find good, accessible and low cost battery. For the capacitor bank, I don’t have any issues with the *long motor cable* without the bank. For the ESC I have a mgm 400x2, it work great! Had some issues but now it is a charm! The hobby wing should work just fine!

Now you know the secret!

You can try with your turbo but Im personnaly not an expert of chosing the right turbo.

This is great information! Highly appreciate the follow up. I build battery banks and can get the a123 batteries however its all about those bus bars to carry the amperage. Currently have on order the glitter 811h which is said to be capable of handling 0.3mm pure copper and if I make a sandwich I should be able to double up with a nickel/copper combo which in theory should be able to handle all the amps. The A123 is a perfect battery and you can get 40v 20aH packs for dirt cheap.

1694811863454.png

20s8p - 72v 40aH

0.3nickel strip spot welded
10awg solid copper bus bars

I'm aware that the motors would need heatsinks etc etc but this pack was destined for the ebike first so we gonna party there first and have a rip.
The plans after this are gonna be the main pack for the electric supercharger/turbo/whirlyboy. I need to do some calcs on the wire connections to ensure we got thick enough wires to handle the amperage.

Is this the solution? Doubtful but it will get me to a point that I can use the setup to at least get going.

j9m75e9.jpg