Attn: Arduino Programmers

AlexLTDLX

Administrator
Staff member
While I figure out my next moves regarding ESCs and motors, I figured it might be time to make our arduino controllers a bit more flexible. As many of you know, MkngStffAwesome on here is responsible for the original arduino code. It works, it's simple and arduino nanos in particular, are tiny. The next step in the code is to add a potentiometer so you can set "max throttle." I think that would greatly simplify testing these beasts we're building. For example, the first time you spool your e turbo up, you probably don't want to hit it with full power. Many ESCs have limits you can program, but when you're focusing on other things, that becomes a hassle. And we're not all going to be using the same ESCs.

I know many of you will want some sort of variable control tied into the vehicle. We can add that later (or now, but let's not let it get in the way of the basic "max throttle" pot). I would suggest a 0-5 volt signal with settable throttle points, since many vehicles use a 0-5 volt signal from their throttle position sensor.

I'm attaching MkngStffAwesome's code (with some of my minor mods, which are in effect real-world use case timing modifications).

Thanks! I'm happy to test any code you guys come up with. Coding is most definitely not my thing.

The link to the files - I'm including some other useful stuff - is here (let me know if google drive won't let you download - it's permission are kind of hard to understand these days): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PsCOV4B8aYm6Rk2Wh6TV2pypAPoIvbax/view?usp=sharing

As a follow up: a 1ms pulse is zero throttle, a 2ms pulse is full throttle. These pulses occur with a 50hz frequency.