Water Meth injection instead of a Intercooler ?

MkngStffAwesome

So I understand the dislike of Intercoolers because

Costly.
Difficult to fit.
Cause a pressure drop, Which wastes a lot of boost and therefore electrical power.

So.....

Why don't we run Water / meth Kits'... they seems like they would complement a E-Turbo nicely as they can come one only when boosting.
what do you guys think ?

... depends ... I got the impression from some of Alex statements that (for his ~4psi boost when he is WOT) it is not worth it.
The eBoost comes on only when requested ... and only for a few seconds at a time ... not enough time to heat up the charge significantly.

With a higher duty cycle and some boost above 6psi we might benefit from it ...

im not sure his car would be the best for this since it's only a drag car... and i assume a relatively low Compression ratio?
Also what "Gas" is he running it on.

I was more thinking of the smaller engine capacity guys running pump "Gas" and more boost.

Last edited:
I have an AEM meth kit sitting here. Spraying meth pre-compressor (and they say into the volute) has the same effect as getting a larger compressor - in the words of ProjectFarm on YouTube, "we're gonna test that." I have several nozzles and will test at least volute injection. I'm getting to the point where charge cooling of some sort is beneficial, and considering my compressor is already undersized, this seems like a good solution.

did you ever test any water/methanol injection? I ran it on a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix that had a supercharged 3.8 liter engine. it dropped the eaton m90 gen 5 from like 250 degree's Fahrenheit to about 200 f.

Yes, I did. I ran dyno tests and track tests. Picked up good power:

Here's the data deep dive:

Here it is at the track: