Supercharger flutter

Ash4speed

Hi guys, new to electric supercharging and I’m looking to either boost an s2000 or 350z, is there anyway I can get that turbo flutter/chatter sound when I let off the throttle with an electric supercharger/turbo?

Hey, you get turbo flutter/ supercharger flutter also known as dose here in Australia by running a compressor in the surge portion of the compressor map with more flow than your engine is demanding.
The easiest way to achieve surge is by closing off your blowoff valve completely, rev the engine till the turbo is spooling and abruptly shut the throttle, the compressed air has no where to go except back out your compressor inlet. You can enhance the dose with a dose pipe (inlet restriction with a bend and made of a metal that makes pleasant reverberations).

Despite arguments that this may be really bad for the compressor there is a practical reason to run with a closed or mostly closed BOV, less lag because more of the compressed air is retained if the throttle is pressed again.
Apart from the cool factor there probably is no advantage to doing this on an electric supercharger.

Attachments

• IMG_3223.gif
    IMG_3223.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: