SQ7 project on a 2.0tdi engine.

jos_br

We are working on this SQ7 turbo, can also tell you now that it is not easy to get this turbo working as you have to get the whole can-bus story working. This works now partly thanks to people who have put a lot of time in it to get this working. We too started with an APD 200F3[X].
Our reason for building this has to do with an earlier conversion to an Audi TT mark I with 2.0tdi engine equipped with a large turbo, and we want to use the E-turbo for a better spool up for this turbo.

363b05a3-4cee-42db-903a-60780858fe35.jpg44d3e69f-faa9-41a0-bb90-a066ed895e42.jpg

Afgelast spruitstuk gedraaid.jpgSchema.jpg

Now I am busy making the cooling and wiring to the rear (battery) and dashboard (control). We are still considering to use a 48v alternator, or to charge the batteries with 12v.

Jos.

im looking forward to seeing how this runs, are you using the firad 120's or wuzem injectors for it?

what size vnt turbo are you using?

im looking forward to seeing how this runs, are you using the firad 120's or wuzem injectors for it?

what size vnt turbo are you using?
I am indeed using the FIRAD 120%. Furthermore, the (BKD 16v) cylinder head has been ported by BFS airflow research. The under block is from a 2.0tdi Ibiza with BKD pistons and rods with APR bolds, but an ASZ (1.9tdi) crankshaft. Turbo is a 2260 on both sides made bigger by FIN turbo (https://fin-turbo.fi/). Also an S3 intercooler and airfilter from an RS3.
I built it that way at the time because I wanted to use the EDC15.

Jos.

Here during a test run.

Jos.
Wow! Congratz! Ive been trying to get this SQ7 turbo to work with CAN-shield and arduino for a long time, but havnt spooled 1rpm yet. Is it possibly to share the frames and communication strategy?

@jos_br can you share something about the can frames ? i planned to get one of this turbo but without an sq7 ( what i dont have :) ) i think it will be impossible. There is on guy in germany who get that turbo work, but he had an sq7 from a friend to look the can frames.

Anyone got this turbo to work with arduino and canbus shield? Or at all? I know some people have but no official info is found

Last edited:
Not yet. I've had a few issues with an arduino in general. I think it was mostly EMF issues (which could be solved), but it could have been code. Now that we have a basic formula down for the mechanical and drive aspects of the these things, I'm starting to think about various control methodologies.