possible project on GT86

Project A86

Hi All,

I am Mika fan of cars and fan too of restomod tendency which started to happen few years ago.
I started to read you few months ago and I did like the idea to improve the thermic engine performance thanks to electricity. While at the same time I am working on a project for the GT86 I own for years the idea to go for an electric supercharger started to sparkle in my mind because
1) we can literally have boost control like we want through the power band (but yet limited in boost level): we could create a low boost for some engine which are weaker like the FA20 to not stress too much the internals
2) the none lag solution
3 I like to do something different and DIY.

My idea right now is to look for a electric supercharger based on rotrex C3094 with 48v architectur. Being a newbee my idea is to copy a bit the architectur of some car having a BAS 48V with some electric turbo charger cancelling the lag prior the main turbo spool. However idea is too work via one rotrex only which should allow lower RPM brusless engine and locate the battery in the trunk to try to reach a 50/50 weight distribution while lowering the gravity center.

This is my primary idea and I don't know if the rotrex option is a good one based on fact I didn't see a lot of project to start with that kind of supercharger.

timing: work to gather spareparts this years, select the right one, trial next year outside the car, implement in the car in couple of years. Yeah I am refurbushing 2 houses right now on top of my work. I need time and overall good blue print prior starting.

thanks in advance for your posts, experiences sharing, for reading me and wishing a lot of success in your projects and fun!

greetings

Mika

I remember 2 years ago someone with the same idea to start with a rotex supercharger. At the end it’s always a question of good combo for your car! There’s no « way to go » because we all experiment different things! Dont know the compressor map of the rotex but if the speed is achievable, why not

Hi All,

I am Mika fan of cars and fan too of restomod tendency which started to happen few years ago.
I started to read you few months ago and I did like the idea to improve the thermic engine performance thanks to electricity. While at the same time I am working on a project for the GT86 I own for years the idea to go for an electric supercharger started to sparkle in my mind because
1) we can literally have boost control like we want through the power band (but yet limited in boost level): we could create a low boost for some engine which are weaker like the FA20 to not stress too much the internals
2) the none lag solution
3 I like to do something different and DIY.

My idea right now is to look for a electric supercharger based on rotrex C3094 with 48v architectur. Being a newbee my idea is to copy a bit the architectur of some car having a BAS 48V with some electric turbo charger cancelling the lag prior the main turbo spool. However idea is too work via one rotrex only which should allow lower RPM brusless engine and locate the battery in the trunk to try to reach a 50/50 weight distribution while lowering the gravity center.

This is my primary idea and I don't know if the rotrex option is a good one based on fact I didn't see a lot of project to start with that kind of supercharger.

timing: work to gather spareparts this years, select the right one, trial next year outside the car, implement in the car in couple of years. Yeah I am refurbushing 2 houses right now on top of my work. I need time and overall good blue print prior starting.

thanks in advance for your posts, experiences sharing, for reading me and wishing a lot of success in your projects and fun!

greetings

Mika
check out my posts here regarding the ft86 forums and e charger setup they ran. there was a control box for sale on ebay last week...