David from Alabama

dokterdave

Hey I'm David. I have a 99 GMC and I'm interested in putting a turbo on it. I have a mild cam and long tube headers. My interest is pretty high for an electric turbo, since I would like to keep the headers. I saw a YouTube video a couple years ago with a pretty bad example of a electric turbo. But recently saw one with electric belt drive. Seems like the guy's on his way to being a pioneer in this field. I'm obviously new here but can't wait to dig in and see where this goes. Thanks for letting me in, David.

I think it was Mighty Car Mods on YouTube tried to boost a car with leaf blowers. It did nothing. However these systems are using a centrifugal compressor connected to a high power high speed electric motor. It ought to be easier to fit and operate than a conventional supercharger or turbo however the electrics to make these run are quite challenging. They have to deliver 60v 30kw three phase power without catching fire. That's a lot of current, high tech battery and a very beefy motor controller.